The rugged tablet answers a simple problem:
Chosing a rugged tablet: users need to be mobile while using a computer device which allows them to get access to the necessary information for them to work or to feed information that allow others to work. This tool also helps them mutualize several tasks.
Some workplaces are more subject to environmental conditions, or are just more hazardous, mobility itself becoming a risk factor.
Nevertheless, it is necessary for users to rely on the high availability of their devices in order to accomplish their tasks and limit downtimes who represents a significant additional direct and indirect cost.
A rugged tablet answers the mobile worker’s need for availability by reducing every factor that could prevent it:
Breaks, thermal shocks, rain, vibration, etc. can be dealt with and are no obstacles in getting the job done any more
Some tablets also tackle failure rate by improving components and materials quality (more supple materials or better heat dissipation for example)
Evaluate your needs
Every usage and every line of business has its specificities. Several very different scenarios can exist but it always seems important to estimate:
- What do you exactly want the tablet to do?
- In which climatic and physical environment?
- Who is the typical user?
- How long will it operate within a day?
- Which software or applications will you use? Do you need performance?
- In which conditions will it be used (constraints)?
- Can you use the tablet in the future to perform other tasks?
- What happens when the tablet fails?
- Which quantity and type of information do you need to use or communicate?
This step needs identification, requires an efficient interface between the core business needs and the It requirements: t is crucial to succeed at this step and it is recommended to contact a specialist in order to ensure proper project completion.